Employability Tutor sought for temporary to permanent role based in Liverpool.
Main purpose of job:
The Initial contact worker will work with a variety of partners; attend networking events to engage learners onto Scientiam adult employability programmes. Develop partnerships and work with organisations to utilise their expertise and to support learners back into sustainable employment. Initially assess individual needs using a variety of methods and move them onto the appropriate route way to aid progression.
· Reportable to Sector lead
· Work with Sales and Marketing team
· Liaise with Job Centre Plus, Next Step, Jets, and other external agencies
Main tasks of job:
· Interview individual, conduct assessments to identify individuals interests, skills and abilities
· Undertake marketing activities with key stakeholders
· Keep up to date with National Curriculum trends and developments and embed changes in your own practice
· Submit learner files and evidence according to procedure
· Assist Team Leaders in identifying growth areas
· Attend team meetings, company meetings, one to ones and appraisals
· Follow quality procedures and processes
· Attend working groups to support internal developments and advise the team
· Maintain up to date electronic calendars
· To keep learners on programme up to date on health and safety and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner
· Any other duties of a similar nature that may be required from time to time
· Teaching qualification level 3 or above
· Numeracy Level 2
· Literacy Level 2
· Work under pressure, use initiative, meet deadlines and persevere
· Work on own and as part of a team
· Good negotiation skills
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Work flexibly in line with needs of the business
Salary circa £18,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
Applicants must have a full driving license and their own transport and travel between branches is required.